As well as system leaders having an impact across their own organisation they influence others outside of their organisation. This course aims to support ambitious middle/senior leaders who are aiming for the most senior roles within a school or to become a Specialist Leader of Education in the next 5 years.
The course requires people who are willing to commit time and will run over two years. It will mainly be twilight sessions, out of the normal school development hours, but will require some release time for the participants to work in other Trust schools.
The course aiming to provide the opportunity to work with likeminded staff from other Trust schools and provide the opportunity to work with experienced senior leaders in these schools. The first year will focus on providing the skills to review teaching and learning. It is hoped that by the end of the second year participants will form part of the Northfleet Trust peer review team.
- The programme will be focused upon three areas of leadership development in relation to teaching and learning
- Completing Effective lesson Observations will focus upon the Ofsted model of observing staff, how to use triangulation of data when making judgements, how to use cause and effect when feeding back to staff and what to look for when looking for progress in lessons.
- Understanding whole school data looks at the variety of data model (4 matrix / Raise / OFSTED Data dash board and what they mean and how to use them when identifying areas to develop.
- Having difficult conversations is a session in which give the individual support when having the conversation with staff and how to start the conversation.
- Colleagues will be expected to complete observations and feedback to staff from other schools.
Participants need to meet with the following criteria:
- Middle Leadership Team experience
- Ambition for senior leadership role or to provide support to leaders in other schools
Session topics and dates
Session 1 – 7th November 2018: Effective lesson Observations
Session 2 – 6th December 2018: Understanding whole school data
Session 3 – 20th June 2019: Having difficult conversations
For further details please contact Brian Meaney on email@example.com